William A. Rinehart
- Debt Collection
- Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial and Retail Collection
- Contract Law
- Marquette University School of Law, 1972
Bill Rinehart, Sr. (Managing Partner) founded Rinehart, Scaffidi & Mathews in 1980, now Rinehart, Scaffidi & Rinehart, LLC. Bill Sr. has focused his practice on creditors’ rights, debt collection and contract law since he began representing local and national businesses, banks and agencies in 1972. Having served as a United States Bankruptcy Trustee for over a decade, Bill Sr. is regularly appointed as special counsel for bankruptcy trustees and in state court receiverships. When asked to represent trustees and receivers, Bill Sr. is responsible for securing money owed to the bankruptcy or receivership estate and handling related litigation matters, including investigating and litigating fraudulent transfers and conveyances.
- Locating account of internet debtor through coordinating purchase of debtors product and subsequently garnishing and securing over $25,000 from debtor’s depository account.
- Collecting over $200,000 from Wisconsin debtor, after establishing personal liability and after debtor retained counsel and indicated that it would be filing bankruptcy.
- Collecting over $800,000 in accounts receivables in a single bankruptcy proceeding.
- Obtaining and collecting judgment for subcontractor in a case involving a theft by contractor claim against the contractor.
- Securing equipment on behalf of Wisconsin business whose customer had failed to pay for the equipment as agreed to under the contract.
- Securing judgment against officers of corporation personally in a case involving theft by contractor claims.
- Collecting over $50,000 for client referred by out of state lawyer after domesticating judgment in Wisconsin.
- Member, Commercial Law League of America for over 30 years
- Attorney Member, Commercial Collection Agencies of America
- Certified Creditors Rights Specialist by the American Board of Certification for over 15 years
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Founding Member, Bill Crowley Annual Golf Outing (scholarships to attend Dominican High School)
- Dominican High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
- Board of Directors, Prior Member, Dominican High School
- Dominican High School Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Prepared and co-prepared articles in the area of creditors’ rights, including preferential payments
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Admitted to practice in Wisconsin state courts, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, United District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, and United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit